Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 10 to 11, 2005


This is just a walk down memory lane for me.


It all started on a Wed. night around 7:45ish I was watching T.V. and thinking about what needed to be cleaned by the following day(we were going to go to the hospital to be induce the evening of the 11th), anyway I felt the need to go to the restroom so I went and low and behold my water broke in the toilet(it did the same with Avery). Nate was not at home(he was closing the store that night), so I called Nate to let him know then called my mom-busy signal, tried her cell- not on, so I called Kelly talked to her, called my mom again-busy signal, so I called Sherry(work) to let her know that I would not be at work on Thur. so you guessed it I called my mom again-busy signal. Called Kelly and she came and got me and Avery to take us to the hospital(funny stories with all of these phone calls and the ride to the hospital).

Once Kelly got here and we were on our way I called mom again finally she answered. Nate got to the hospital first, Kelly, Avery and I second, mom third, and Nate's mom and dad fourth(they live further than all of us).

side note- I had Avery at SouthCrest(more laid back) and Addison at HillCrest(not so laid back)

When we all went to go into the triage area they would not let Avery come(you do not mess with a woman that is in any type of labor) mine was not real active at the time, but I had already called and talked to way to many people to get it okayed that Avery could be with us during the labor and recovery part. Once they realized that I had done all of that and thrown out the head lady's name they let him in(He went home with Nate's mom before I was even moved into a labor room, so it turned out to be no big deal anyway I just wanted to make sure in case).

I needed help getting started, so I was put on pitocin and got my epidural at a 2(Love it). Mom stayed with us till around 2:00am I was at a four and they said it would take at least 4 to 5 hours to get to an eight. We told mom to go home and we would call her when I got to a seven . Around 4:00am I was felling different and told the nurse so she checked me and I was a nine. The nurse called my doctor and we called mom. I was not sure that they were going to make it in time. I vaguely remember asking the nurse if Dr. Thomas would get there in time and she told me that it would be okay she has delivered plenty. Mom and Dr. Thomas both made it and Addison joined us around 5:30am.


So tomorrow is his 2nd birthday along with Mother's Day :)

0 comments: