Tuesday, April 1, 2008

She must be on his mind again



It has been almost two years since she was put to sleep and once again Avery has been carrying around stuffed dalmatians calling them B.J., handing me one and telling me that I can have that B.J., and talking about the day that we came home and she wasn't here anymore. He told me today that we have five members in our family and that we use to have seven(counting B.J. and Abby the cat(she is still alive we gave her away)).


We have had a few other deaths in the family this past year. The one that Avery really knows about is Nate's grandma. Avery talks about her being in Heaven and has asked how big is heaven(he use to say that there was a people heaven, an animal heaven and a plant heaven). Will we be able to see everyone in Heaven and will B.J. be there. I have told him that God made Heaven big enough for all of us.


I am glad that he remembers the people and pets that he loved/loves that are no longer with us.




So here is the post that I posted on my myspace page last May.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Thinking back Current mood: nostalgic Category:
Life
So it was a year ago today that my dad and oldest brother(Steven) put my dog(BJ)down(she was old, not keeping her weight on and loosing control of her bathroom needs). I thought that it would be easier if they did it while I was at work. Still not sure what would have been best. I will say do not do or have this done two days before you have a baby.


I pulled up to the house after work, got Avery out of the car and went it. That is when it hit me. I would never see her again. Avery had never seen me cry like that before and he still talks about how mommy was sad cause BJ got sick and had to go to heaven.


The last two days he has been pulling around a toy dalmatian calling it BJ(I guess she has been on his mind as well). I miss her!!


0 comments: