Have I told you lately how much I love mastitis. First side was getting better fever broke Thursday night. However starting Thursday night I was not handling the medicine very well. Friday could not keep anything down. I even tried taking my Zofran and Phenergan to see if that would help. They did not. Called the Doc and Lactation Nurse. Got a call back for Doc's nurse and was told to call the lactation nurse. To which I said I have and she said if she saw her she would let her know to call me. I called the lactation nurse again at 3:00 because the close at 3:30. You guessed I did not hear back from her. By this time I had missed two doses, but I was feeling well enough to eat and drink. This morning I woke up to uncontrollable shaking, fever, pain, and masses on the other side. Called the on-call doc and was told the best medicine to treat mastitis is penicillin based. Which I am allergic to. He told me that I should go to the ER(yeah right I am home alone with three children. I called Nate and my mom. Mom came over and Nate left work. Carol was already planning on getting Avery and Addison around 10:00). So he went ahead and called it in for me. You could tell he really did not want to call it in. He told me to only take it for 24 hours and call back tomorrow. I have taken one dose and so far no problems. So say a little prayer that I don't have any reactions. Because all of the side effects are very funny. Hello I had a baby less than three weeks ago. Half of them are from that or I already have some of them before I started taking the medicine. Or give me ideas on natural remedies. So on the up side of things the house is very calm and should stay that way till Monday since Avery and Addison are spending two nights with grandma and papa. :) It is good to have family around that are so willing to help!!
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
poor baby!!! Im glad you can have some time of calm in the midst of such awful-ness!
Post a Comment