Six years ago Avery came into our lives and what a blessing he has been. He is now into Star Wars and Legos. He played t-ball this year and said he would not be playing coach pitch next year, but I think he has changed his mind. We will just have to wait and see. He finished his first year of public school and wants to go back(crossing our fingers that the transfer goes through). We went to dinner last night and he got to pick where we ate. He picked McDonald's. Oh to be six again.
I am writing this just so I won't forget it.
Friday June 20, 2003 I woke up at 2:00 in the morning to use the restroom. While I was on the toilet my water broke. I yelled at Nate to which he said it was to early(ya think). I told him no you need to get out of bed. He asked if he could take a shower first. Well of course you can I will just sit here while you do that. Once he was ready to go to the hospital we got on the road. We called Mike and Carol, Mom and Jerry, and Dad on the way to the hospital. Once we got there the nurses said oh this will take awhile don't call anyone yet. Too late. However my dad lives in Little Rock so he needed as much time as he could to get here in time. Once we were in a room and they checked me I was only 100% effaced. So they said they would let me go till about six in the morning to see if things could get started on their own. No such luck. I was put on pitocin and got my epidural at at one. Avery had turned transverse and looking up,(at my last doctor visit the Tuesday before he was down also at that visit Dr. Thomas said she had good news and bad news which one did I want to hear first. I don't care just tell me. Well she was going to be out of town starting Thursday and would be back on Monday, but not to worry because she was sure I would not go into labor while she was gone, but if I did Dr. Myers would take over for her. However I had never meet Dr. Myers)so he had to turn around and go head first. So the nurses had me on my hands and knees rocking back and forth. He finally turned the way he needed. At one point the nurse checked me and said you are a nine, so we will start to get things ready. She left and came back and checked me again and said oh no you are a seven. I look at her and said I am sorry, but we are not going backwards in this game. It was around this time that I realized that the epidural did not numb where it really needed to. So they put three different drugs into my IV to help. I asked how long it would last they said an hour. I said than he is coming out. I could not feel anything. So it was good that I had five people in the room with me. Nate and Lori(my best friend) each had a leg. My mom, dad, and Carol where all behind my back. They were really the ones that pushed Avery out. He came into the world at 8:18 pm weighing 8lbs 1 oz and 20 1/2 inches long.
Side note: Dr. Myers was a great doctor and even came to check on my when I had Addison.





1 comments:
🤗
Post a Comment