Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rice Krispie Treats


While at the store the other day I bought stuff to make rice krispie treats. I knew the boys and I would be together all day and thought it would be a fun and easy cooking experience. While at the store I looked on the box to see what I would need and got what was needed. Today I decided to look on the web and see what it said. Notice in the ingredients it says if you use miniature marshmallow use 4 cups(it did not say that on the box). I am glad I looked it up before we started or we would have had lots of marshmallows in our treats. We had fun and hope they taste as good tomorrow as they did tonight.


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- OR -
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies®


Directions:
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.

0 comments: