Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Busy and Hot Day

We started out the day with Church and ended up driving mom home(dead battery). Once we left mom's we headed toward the house to change into our swim suits and went to Big Splash. As we were leaving Big Splash I noticed that I had a message on my phone, so I listened and found out that our power was out at the house. We got home around 3:30 the temp in the house was 80 degrees(not so bad). We called AEP and found nothing out that we did not already know. We thought that the boys would take a nap since they had been swimming all day, but they did not. Around 6:15 it was up to 82, so we decided to go get something to eat(good idea right? NO). Addison decided that he wanted milk(he could not have milk because I did not want to open the fridge and his tummy will not tolerate cow milk, so he drinks rice milk which means the restaurants do not have it). He began to cry loudly. He finally stopped when we pulled into Chili's parking lot and Nate told him he could have pop. While we were eating we got a call from AEP saying that we should have power at 7:00. After Chili's we made at stop for ice cream(as we were trying to get the boys out of the water at Big Splash I told them we would have some when we got home (little did I know about the power). When we were driving into the neighborhood it brought back memories of the ICE STORM looking at everyone's house to see if there were any signs of power. None that we could see. We pulled into the drive at 7:25. The boys got out and started eating their ice cream on the front porch when the lights came on!!:) Now the AC is working overtime, but it is all good!!

0 comments: