Several weeks ago I got a phone call from mom saying two new lumps have been found in the same breast as the last time. You can read that post from three years ago here. Both lumps are cancer so she had to decide what she wanted to do. She has decided to have a double mastectomy due to her mom having breast cancer(three times) and her sister having it and going through chemo now. Why keep the good one, chances are it will become unhealthy at some point. I have to agree with her on her decision. My mom is one very strong lady(hello she had Steven, Scott, Lance and me to deal with and now she has her five grand kids), however I am oh so grateful for the love and support she gets from family, co-workers, friends, doctors and their staff, and her amazing church family! So far God has not let any of these three amazing women die from this type of cancer(my mema has past away but not from breast cancer) and I am pretty sure he doesn't plan on it anytime soon. Just because cancer has come knocking again doesn't mean that it will be staying for any length of time. Mom will have her surgery this Friday. So if you don't mind please keep my mom and her sister in your prayers as this is a fight that they are not done fighting.
Monday, April 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Praying!
Post a Comment