Thursday, September 2, 2010

Reality Check

Pics are from prom 1996.



A week ago Tuesday afternoon I got a phone call from Kelly saying that Kristy(a high school friend, we had lost touch but reconnected on Fb and our sons ended up on the same wee ball team this past spring) had coded and was not doing well. I got off the phone with her and sent a text to Lori to find out what she knew. Lori was at work so it took a little while till I was able to talk to her. The info that she gave me was not good either. That night I went to bed praying and crying. Asking God to make a miracle happen. Kristy was way to important of a person to leave this earth at this time!

Wednesday morning I had to go to work. So during our morning pray I asked for my co-teachers and director to pray for Kristy and her family. Once I got back to my room there was a text message saying she had passed at 9:07. That is when the questions started in my mind. Why, why would God take such an awesome person. She was beautiful inside and out. Why would He take a wife, mother, sister, and daughter from her family. What would her three babies be able to remember about her. She was only 31. She had so much more life to live. I know that I had prayed that God's well be done last night, but leaving this earth is not what I meant.

Saturday Lori and I went to Kristy's funeral service. It was a beautiful good bye. She was/is loved by so many! She touched so many lives and truly lived life for God. I know with all my heart that she is no longer in pain and hanging out with the Big Man himself up stairs. I also know that her kids will never go without knowing their mommy. There are way to many people around here to be able to tell them all about her.

There has not been a day go by that I have not cried thinking about her and her family. This has also brought several things to my attention: 1. I don't know how I would be able to go on without Nate. Who in their right mind would want to start a relationship with me and my Triple A's.? Who would love me the way Nate does? Who would love The Triple A's the way Nate does? 2. I have always said that I will be the first in my family to die after my Grandpa Jones passed. it was just way to hard to have him leave I can only imagine how it will be with anybody else. But after Kristy's service I don't want anybody to have to go through what her family is going through. I will stop being selfish and stop saying I want to go first. 3. That none of us know when our time on this earth is going to end, so we need to live each day like it is the last. 4. We do not have enough pictures of our family.

So Thank you Kristy for being my friend and for bringing to light things that I need to work on. The world is a better place because of you!
If you would like to read about her you can click here or here.

0 comments: