We have been visiting a new church and this Sunday they did not have a Bible hour for the kids, so Avery and Addison got to stay for the entire service. As we were told to turn to Hebrew I heard the wonderful sound that is really not heard at our other church(not because scriptures are not read, but because they are put upon a big screen so very few use their Bibles). You know the one of all the pages turning. As I was listening to it a smile came across my face. Then we were told to turn to Matthew. Avery was sitting on my lap and turned to me and asked what was that sound. I told him it was the pages in the Bibles as people turned them to the book of Matthew. It is a great sound and I am a little sad that he is almost 7 years old and this was the first time he heard it.
Side note: When Lance(my brother) and I were younger we learned the books of the New Testament from a song. Lance's best friend John was killed when we were in High School and one of the things that his mom shared at his funeral was when he was learning the same song he asked "Why did he bruise James?" So anytime I hear Hebrew I think of John.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
What's that sound
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Isn't that so true? Great observation :)
Post a Comment