Last Saturday we left for Texas for a four day trip. Nate's sister and her husband let all of us(the four of us plus Nate's mom and dad) stay at their house. They live in the Fort Worth area just a few minutes away from the Texas Motor Speedway.
Now would it be a vacation if someone did not get sick? I think not. Nate started getting something Friday night and as we were on the road Avery started saying his left ear hurt. Now let me give you some background about Avery's ear. Nate took him to the ENT on the Thursday before the trip because he had strep twice in three weeks. The ENT did not seem to worried about his throat, but more about his nose and the amount of wax that was in his right ear. So he got a tool to clean out the wax and pulled out a rock(pea gravel) and gross wax. Nate asked Avery if someone threw pea gravel at his head. Avery said not I buried my head in it at school. He also put him on two different allergy meds and said to come back in six weeks.
Once we arrived at Lindsey and Jeremy's we ate dinner and Nate and his dad went to a few stores and Lindsey, Carol, and I went to Wal-Mart. That means Avery and Addison were left with Jeremy. The boys craft time with Uncle Jeremy they made a ramp for their cars and monster trucks out of cardboard and colored it. It was the Texas Monster Jam ramp(I thought we had a picture of it, but I guess not).
Sunday we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. It is a very nice zoo.
After the zoo we took some naps and had dinner at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. Nate told the boys on the way over that he was going to eat mud bugs. They did not believe him until the crawfish came to the table.
Monday morning they went on a tour of the Texas Motor Speedway.
I was not felling all that great, so I stayed in bed a little longer. Once they came back we ate some lunch in went to a very cool park.
Tuesday morning we went into Justin(as in Justin Boots)and had breakfast at Lonesome Spur Cafe. After breakfast we walked over to the Justin Boot Outlet and got some cowboy hats.
After that it was back to Lindsey and Jeremy's to pack up and head home. By this time Addison was running fever, so I called the doc and made appts. for Wed. Come to find out Avery had an ear infection and Addison had strep.





1 comments:
can you guys ever get a break?? glad you at least got away.
Post a Comment