Monday, March 24, 2008

Bathtub times

While the boys were in the bathtub playing Avery says "Daddy Addison just peed in the water". So Nate told him to get out and started helping them get out. Once Addison had his diaper on, he ran into the living room and got up on the couch and said "I pee" and I said in your diaper. Which he replied I pee bathbub. Now let me say that it was not that clear, but he is picking up so many words. It seems like he adds a new word or two each day. Which makes us happy since we think that one of his tubes came out after only being in for a month and a half(we go back to the ENT in the middle of April).

For those of you that do not know what we have been through with Addison-let me fill you in.
We have been with Sooner Start since he was about 3 months old-for hearing issues and now language.

I know that each child develops at different rates, but I wrote down all the words that Avery was able to say at 11 months 1 day. He had 57. Needless to say Addison did not have that many at that age(maybe 11 at most). Avery does talk a lot, so we thought it was just because Avery did all of the talking, but come to find out he had fluid on his ears. Which is why he got the tubes, not due to ear infections.

2 comments:

Starr said...

Yay! I love it when I have new blogs to check in on. I work part-time for Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) here in Lubbock (Texas' version of Sooner Start). Glad to hear your son is starting to be able to communicate about his pee-pee escapades. Mommy-hood is so fun. :-)

Anonymous said...

At least it was only pee. I remember a certain-not-that-much-younger brother taking a number two in the tub with us both in it. And for some reason instead of getting out, I climbed up onto the ledge against the wall and screamed for Mom to save me. Something must have been blocking my escape route.